Monday, October 7, 2013

What?

So a while back I was reading an article about how Kristin Cavallari designed and showcased a NFL themed line.  So that's cool, but the one thing that got me was that she wasn't planning on selling it.  Maybe it's just because I like to make money (honestly, broke college student here!), but I personally don't understand making clothes and not selling them, or hell, giving them away!

I can understand making and sculpting clothing as an art form, those things you can't really expect people to actually be able to wear, but these clothes were wearable! I hardly like football and I'd wear most of the pieces.  Maybe it's because when I make clothes, I pretty much only make them for myself (which I think makes them even more wearable).  Maybe it's because when I make clothing, I think about the fact that I am going to wear this, and that someone else may possibly want to buy and wear this.  Maybe it's because I'm not in the mindset of just making clothes to show and not wear...?

This is not an attack on Kristin, the NFL or any other party involved; It just seems to me that in our society that is all about making money with great, accessible ideas (like this one!?), showing a collection, and not selling it seems like kind of a waste.  I guess it is the way I grew up, the mentality that "if you can make something, you better find a way to make money off of it" was the way to go, especially if you can make the things that you love.  

Ah well, though I am baffled by the choice to make clothes and not wear/sell them it was a great collection and the NFL logo's were incorporated in an fun, and really current and wearable way!

Thanks
--Sammi P : )

No comments:

Post a Comment