Sunday, October 6, 2013

On the sixth day of Fashion Week, dear Pittsburgh gave to me...

Beautiful working models, a completed collection, and more than a couple broken safety pins...  After a quick morning of cleaning for my mom (had to vacuum, wash sheets, make the bed, roll out the red carpet, the usual), I headed over to the school, driving, which may or may not have led to some questionable BUT effective maneuvers that got me where I needed to be.  And so begins the setting up, and waiting for models, who were all thankfully on time! : )
I got my rack together and my girls started their hair and makeup.  And Aziza my lovely assistant got her makeup done, too.  They asked me, but ah...I'm not much for makeup.
So when all that stuff was said and done, I dressed my girls and got going on my clothes! Of course Caitlyn Colin and I got some obligatory pictures.  Does she not look like the love child of Rachel Zoe and the or Olsen twins or...?
Then the show started!





And all too soon it was over! Showing in Fashion Week as a freshman was one of the most enriching and fantastic experiences of my life and I can't wait until next year! 



Caitlyn and I made this journey together, and I wouldn't want anyone else.  She's such an inspiration, a great person to talk to, bounce ideas off of, whatever! I'm so glad to call her my friend!

Photo credit goes to Skye, Colin, and probably a bunch of other photographers at the event. : )

Lastly I have to thank my mother.  She's my biggest supporter, inspiration, and the best teacher.  She's taught me nearly everything I know, and continues to teach me new techniques and ways of life.  best mom I've ever and will ever have! Love you momma! 

Thanks
--Sammi P : )

No comments:

Post a Comment