Thursday, September 26, 2013

On the third day of Fashion Week, dear Pittsburgh gave to me...

Another amazing opportunity! Yesterday's Fashion Week Event was "Classic Fall Fashions for the Pittsburgh Professional" hosted at the wonderfully beautiful and amazing...Macy's!

If you couldn't tell I kind of LOVE Macy's...but anyways, I had two jobs yesterday night.  One: be a stellar volunteer (as usual), and Two: Show one of your garments on the Macy's runway, to encourage people to come to the show on Saturday.  Easy enough right? Eh...sort of.  I got to dress and style my model, the lovely April again, and I had to walk up and (painfully) answer a couple questions about my collection.  :/

We arrived a bit too early (better than way too late!) and saw the stage/runway, right in the middle of Macy's! We did a spot of cleaning and organizing, and then I was whisked away by Caitlyn to do an interview with all the student designers showing on Saturday for the Pittsburgh Tribune Review (fancy right?)


About 10 minutes later we came back to a nearly full house?! It's amazing how quickly these things fill up, and I saw my program char and many of my teachers coming out to see the show! 

The show was introduced, and hosted by JoAnne Harrop of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, and Stephanie Alexis of Glam and Graffiti.  

The show started with some Macy's looks, and soon enough it was time for me to dress April and go on up stage with her to answer some questions.

My little shapeless sweater dress got an amazing reaction, and it makes me even more excited to show my whole collection on Saturday.  I couldn't believe how great it was to see my designs go down a real runway, in front of industry professionals...unreal.
-Sammi P : )









No comments:

Post a Comment