First day of my first ever fashion week!!!! :) The excitement was nearly overwhelming, but eh, it's FASHION WEEK! Anyways, yesterday was ONE (Opening Night Extravaganza) for PGFW and it was filled with beautiful models (female AND male ;) ), incredible designs, and LOTS of snacking (of course).
We began our day at the BEAUTIFUL Highmark Stadium. Seriously, look at those cumulous clouds...
So, Aziza and I were stationed to work with Alicia Akrie (so cool and amazing, Aziza fangirled all NIGHT), and she has these AMAZING wooden hangers. I am obsessed, and I want my own!!!
Alicia is in the black leather vest and she has these really cool cat eye glasses, and her haircut is of the baddest-of-asses, so whatever.
Her designs were blue and black with splashes of houndstooth and honestly I was in HEAVEN. And for the makeup she had aluminum foil? It was questionable but also really cool?
One part of fashion week I was excited for was getting to see crazy outfits and personalities for free...what more could a college girl ask for? I wore a kilt in school for six years and NEVER have I worked it like he did. #casualkilt
So I also saw Merida....I'm kind of in love with her hair...It's beautiful. #fact
And Honey Boo Boo Child! along with her older sister I guess... I thought she only did pageants, but clearly she's expanding her expertise.
So lastly, we shared the room with male models. And by shared I mean stared...but look at those BICEPS
This guy looked really cool, like a Wizard of the World...
They had these weirdly cool headpieces and hats with black masks, and it made me slightly uncomfortable, but that's what art is supposed to do, right?
So in all, ONE was spectacular. I had a great time with the other volunteers and seeing what really goes into fashion week is amazing...If you guys are interested in fashion at all, I would find a Fashion Week ad GET INVOLVED!
-Sammi P : )
















No comments:
Post a Comment