Thursday, September 26, 2013

KDKA News Spot!

So thanks to my lovely program chair, I was chosen to show one piece of my collection on the KDKA Pittsburgh Today show! You can watch the video here.

It was kind of a nightmare getting to the studio, seeing as I had to drive into the city, but when I finally got there, it was so cool! The building and its surroundings were beautiful, and the weather was stellar!




So when I got to the studio I was sent directly to the dressing room to meet my model April.  She's super tall, I think 5'10", and made me look like a shrimp, but it was fine because she made my cape and skirt suit look AMAZING!
I also met the Macy's stylist Kuman, who was a cool cat, and really nice.  He whipped together an extra outfit for the show in like 5 minutes and my mind was pretty much blown.  Stylists rock my socks.
We went in about 5 minute before the segment was set to air, and got to ee all the fancy broadcast-y equipment
I also saw this woman in a trench coat, and needless to say I was obsessed.  I love the shape, the color, and the buttons down the back! She was super nice about my complement and let me take her picture, but I need to make me one of these ASAP!

All in all, that was an AMAZING experience.  I've done a little TV spot thing before, but this was unreal, just hearing people talk about my garment in anyway made me so happy and excited that I was given this opportunity! 

-Sammi P : )





No comments:

Post a Comment