Holy Hannah, it's been a bit hasn't it? Well I'm finishing up my 5th quarter here at AIP (nearly halfway woohoo!), and my favorite time of the year has come: Fashion Week. Watching the shows from Mercedes Benz is always inspiring and I'm even more excited to say that I'll be showing in and volunteering for Pittsburgh Fashion Week for the second year in a row! Continuity yeah!
Forgive my shameless promotion but I'm proud of what I've done and I'm really excited to show my collection to anyone with eyes. One eye will do, we don't need two. Here's the link for the Student Show on Saturday tickets are only $15 each (a steal) and there are 5 student designers showing and they're all great people and they're all older than me so it'll be cool to see what they show!
I'll also have a piece in the Downtown Pittsburgh Macy's window!!!! Macy's has decided to partner with AIP and us student designers and i could not be more grateful for the opportunity! I can't wait to see how it's styled and displayed!
Along the Pgh Fashion Week vein I will be volunteering again (very exciting!) and I will hopefully do the same sort of coverage I did last year about the shows. It's an amazing experience and I highly recommend it for anyone interested at all in fashion or fashion shows, or fashion weeks, because you basically get to go to the show for free, and if you're lucky you can get up close and personal with the designers collections!
So I'm walking (read: being dragged into) finals week and I've only got 3 classes left (online classes are a blessing): Jewelry, Technical Drawing, and Nutrition (blah). Technical drawing is pretty cool, I'm diggin it, and Jewelry is my favorite thing in the entire world. No joke. This is serious. I love jewelry. I love a good jewelers saw (if you follow me on instagram you'd know), and alcohol torches are my new bff? I'm surprised they let me take that home honestly? But I can't complain. And I'll be showing you my finished pieces after finals are done!
Alrighty...I think that's all for now. I'm probably forgetting a trillion other things but oh well, you can't win 'em all.
Thanks
~~Sammi :)
No comments:
Post a Comment